.

8.29.2007

Still no comment

I get an awful lot of e-mail about that astronaut love triangle (or whatever you'd like to call it) matter. As I've said, it's not a space law case. Yes, in between my law firm days I did spend a number of fun and rather edifying years as a law editor at American Lawyer Media/Court TV (back when they were affiliates) including during the era of certain quite notorious trials (and who among us cannot fondly recall an innocent time when "O.J." did not stand for orbital junk?) -- but I have no comment on the upcoming trial of an apparently untethered ex-astronaut that is said to involve charges of attempted kidnapping, battery and burglary and a possible insanity plea. But if you are so inclined, don't hesitate to accost any seasoned criminal law blogger to debate the matter.

Meanwhile, in a surprise development, the Florida attorney representing the accused is
not a space lawyer.

And another thing. As I've said from the start, I do not believe a word of those silly allegations about drunk astronauts. For those awaiting substantiation of said reports, be advised: it is likely
not forthcoming. But I do trust this very serious podcast about a chimp landing the shuttle because the astronauts were at least smart and sober enough to realize Pajamas the chimp could do a better job since he was "not full of schnapps." (The Onion). See? Some astronauts actually deserve our admiration and respect after all.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?