.

10.27.2005

Riding Russian Rockets

I was so distracted by the launch this morning of Iran's first satellite -- aboard a Russian Kosmos 3M rocket -- that I almost forgot to post anything today about the House passing a version of S. 1713, the Iran Nonproliferation Act Amendment, to allow NASA to continue using Russia's Soyuz for access to the space station.

I think the floor statements by Rep. Ken Calvert (R-Corona) and Rep. Sherwood Boehlert (R-New Hartford) cover it.

(Of course, here in the West, we prefer to see the interests of America being served by Russian rockets than those of Iran. And that's all I will say about
Iran this week.)

Personal note to Commander Bill McArthur on ISS (who I know reads SLP
up there, that is, when he's not watching Houston Astros games) -- looks like your wife won't have to file for that tax extension after all!



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?