.

3.06.2006

21st Century Space Law CLE

This one's for lawyers only.

(Particularly U.S. lawyers who need more continuing legal education credits to meet their state's requirements, which includes me, and I'm always scrambling at the last minute.)

Drum roll please....


This, far as I know, is the first CLE offering in the nation that specifically covers space law. Presented by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute ("the continuing legal education arm of the Pennsylvania Bar Association"):

SPACE LAW: IN THE 21st CENTURY AND BEYOND
(6 total CLE credits)
March 23, 2006 (Thurs) Philadelphia, PA 8:30AM-4:30PM
March 29, 2006 (Wed) Pittsburgh, PA 8:30AM-4:30PM

With the talented faculty:
Pamela L. Meredith, Esq. - Zucker, Scoutt & Rasenberger, LLP, Washington, D.C.
Laura Montgomery, Esq. - FAA, Washington, D.C.
Douglas Mullen, Esq. - FAA, Washington, D.C.
Kenneth M. Weidaw, III, Esq. - Weidaw Peck & Associates, LLP

Check out the glossy
brochure.

Topics on tap:
  • History of space law
  • Developments in rocket and space technology
  • Review Chicago Convention of 1944, Antarctic Treaty, Outer Space Treaty of 1967, Liability Convention of 1973 and other major space treaties and conventions
  • Role of the United Nations in development of space law
  • Role of the FAA and FCC in controlling space activity and business development
  • FCC and FAA licensing requirements for satellites and launch vehicles
  • Satellite manufacturing and launch contracts
  • Satellite insurance
  • Export controls issues
  • International space station law
  • Land remote sensing commercialization
  • Influence of court decisions on development of space law
  • Space tourism and future legal developments for lunar and Martian habitats
  • Future development of space law and technology

    Sounds super. And what a faculty. Ken had mentioned to me in an e-mail a few months ago that this program was in the works. I myself have a half-written space law CLE course (intended as a webcast) gathering dust on my harddrive (actually, some of it is in my desk drawer, and I think a few sections are on a disk somewhere in my briefcase), and one day I will complete it, but in the interim I'm thrilled to hear about this and link to it. It'll be hot.

    So go make space law education history (first make sure your state accepts Pennsylvania CLE credits -- I know New York does -- ) and
    register now.



  • << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?