.

12.13.2005

Cookies & Space Law in NYC

No, not at my apartment (unless you call first) -- at an event downtown, and I'm happy to post the announcement, which I received via a few different e-mail lists:

**********
FREE PUBLIC ASTRONOMY LECTURE

INTERNATIONAL OUTER SPACE LAW

Where is outer space? Who can develop and exploit it? Are there conflicts and liabilities in space? How is property defined? What treaties apply? Who resolves disputes? Are settlements enforceable?

Thursday 15 December 2005, 7PM
NY Skies Astronomy Seminar
St Paul's Lutheran Church
315 West 22nd St
near 8th Av in Chelsea, NYC

With cookies and coffee

Information at
nyskiesastronomy@earthlink.net
212-273-5958
**********


Well I'm on the subway for the cookies alone. Plus, I love a good "astronomy lecture," including one that's about space law. And as I've noted before, awareness of space law is growing, and attracting increasing interest among nonlawyers too, not just folks in the space science community. For this I blame all you head-in-the-clouds space tourists and space tourist wannabes. Keep it up.

(And let me know if you'll be around. The huge Christmas/Holiday tree -- 74-foot-tall Norway spruce -- is now lit in Rockefeller Center and the 2005 Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular is playing and Fifth Avenue is all decked out. For starters. Come!)



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?