.

6.15.2006

Why I do not want a spaceport in my backyard...

Actually. Now that I think about it, I do want a spaceport in my backyard.

(Darn. I live in Manhattan. Not much chance of it happening.... Oh well. Never mind.)

Hot news on the spaceports front this week. As
Alan Boyle and others reported, the FAA/AST issued a commercial launch site operator license to the Oklahoma Space Industry Development Authority (OSIDA) to operate a commercial launch site. Good for Oklahoma and Rocketplane. As FAA notes, "Burns Flat is the second inland launch site licensed by the FAA. Oklahoma joins several other states with commercial launch sites. There are two facilities in California and one each in Florida, Virginia, and Kodiak Island in Alaska."

Jeff at Personal Spaceflight has a
spaceport news roundup. Also, a reminder - lawyer Jack Kennedy runs a Spaceports blog. And of course, Clark covers spaceport action, and everything else, over at HobbySpace and RLV News.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?